Nurses can expand their knowledge and skills into beginning-level primary care with the Graduate Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner online from the University of Arizona. After completing the program, nurses are eligible to sit for the FNP national board certification examination.
This Nurse Practitioner program online is designed for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses working in a clinical environment who want to advance their career. The curriculum combines elements of web-based coursework and in-person practicum experiences arranged in the student’s local area.
Classes cover topics such as:
- Women’s health in advanced practice nursing
- Advanced primary care
- Pediatric health assessment
- Advanced practice nursing in the care of older adults
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Must have a master of science or higher degree focusing on Advanced Practice Registered Nursing certification
- Must have unrestricted US RN licensure and current APRN certification, with RN experience in an acute care setting