Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Thomas Edison State University
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree program in Sociology prepares adults for career change, advancement or graduate education, while providing personal enrichment. The program focuses on the forces that produce stability and changes in people's behavior, beliefs and attitudes and social organization. Students develop a broad general knowledge of the traditional liberal arts disciplines while developing a greater depth of knowledge in sociology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major theoretical concepts and historical trends in sociology
- Apply the scientific method to examine sociological issues
- Describe the importance of values, ethical standards and diversity in sociology
- Demonstrate knowledge of the individual in society in regard to such areas as: culture, socialization, groups and organizations, and crime
- Discuss some of the underlying factors concerning such areas as: social stratification, global stratification, race and ethnicity, and gender
- Compare the social dynamics of some of the major social institutions
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This degree requires 120 credit hours for completion.
Enrollment requirements include: Adult 21 years of age or older (unless you are participating in a special college program). High school graduate or successful completion of General Educational Development (GED).
Thomas Edison State University has a national reputation for academic excellence and educational integrity. The University is one of New Jersey's 11 senior public institutions of higher education and one of the first schools in the country designed specifically for adults. The University provides flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning opportunities for self-directed adults and offers degree programs and certificates in more than 100 areas of study.
Thomas Edison State University's flexible learning methods range from online courses and prior learning assessment to credit transfer and credit-bearing exams. We offer undergraduate and graduate programs, and professional certificates tailored to the needs of adults, whether it is for professional advancement or personal fulfillment. Named for the famous American inventor who acquired knowledge outside of the traditional classroom, Thomas Edison State University provides higher education for adults with higher expectations.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Thomas Edison State University
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.