The University of Texas Medical Branch offers a Master’s in Nursing online with Neonatal Nurse Practitioner concentration. This degree track trains nurses in the specialized care of critically ill and recovering newborns and their families. Graduates are eligible to sit for national certification by the National Certification Corporation (NCC).
State-of-the-art simulation laboratories provide realistic scenarios to help students understand neonatal care in a realistic environment. In-person clinical practicum experiences allow students to apply their acquired knowledge and skills to improve the quality of healthcare in their local area.
This concentration includes studies of subject areas such as:
- Advanced neonatal health assessment
- Nurse practitioner role and business principles
- Pharmacological principles and clinical therapeutics
- Informatics and quality improvement
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The University of Texas Medical Branch is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A minimum of two year of recent experience as a registered nurse in a Level III nursery.
- Current (active), valid, unencumbered license