The online Post-Master's Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program from The University of Texas at Tyler prepares students for national certification. This program is designed specifically for nurses with a master's degree without an Advanced Practice Registered Nursing major.
Courses provide clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions. The online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program seeks to increase students’ interpersonal awareness, problem-solving skills, critical evaluation, and communication skills.
Topics covered in the curriculum include:
- Integrated mental healthcare
- Differential diagnosis in mental disorders
- Psychological theory and modalities
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- The program requires 1-2 days per semester on campus.
- Applicants must have a Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
- Applicants must have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas.