Master’s-prepared nurses can pursue a new specialty area with the Post-Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner from UT Tyler. The program provides thorough preparation for the national Family Nurse Practitioner certification exam.
A combination of coursework and clinical experience prepares students to become advanced practice nurses and leaders in the evolving healthcare industry. Classes examine how to analyze and interpret patients’ histories, symptoms, physical findings, and diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses. FNPs can recommend interventions, prescribe medications, and educate patients about their conditions.
This online Nurse Practitioner program covers subject areas including:
- Advanced pathophysiology
- Advanced health assessment
- Advanced practice nursing roles
- Primary care
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- The program requires 1-2 days per semester on campus.
- Applicants must have a Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
- Applicants must have current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas.