Help meet the high demand for mental health professionals with an online MSN for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners. The flexible program offers online courses, limited campus visits, and in-person clinical experiences, able to be completed on either a two- or three-year schedule.
Students receive a thorough preparation for the PMHNP national certification exam. Courses provide clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health conditions. The online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program seeks to increase students’ interpersonal awareness, problem-solving skills, critical evaluation, and communication skills.
A sample of courses in this degree program includes:
- Diagnosis of mental disorders
- Mental health and illness
- Psychotherapeutic theories
- Integrated mental healthcare
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- The program requires 1-2 hands-on clinicals on campus, scheduled at the beginning of a semester.
- Applicants with GPA lower than 3.0 may be granted conditional admission based on satisfactory GRE scores.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited college, including an undergraduate statistics course with grade C or better.
- Submit proof of licensure in the state where clinical practicum will occur and proof of current BCLS CPR certification before beginning clinical courses.