Nurse educators combine advanced clinical skills with a passion for teaching others. The online MSN in Nursing Education from UT Tyler helps nurses create a rewarding career while helping combat the nationwide shortage of nurse educators.
Online courses and in-person practicum hours prepare students to sit for national certification. Graduates can find employment in a wide range of environments, including universities, community colleges, government agencies, and clinical facilities.
Courses examine a variety of of topics, such as:
- Nursing education curriculum development
- Evaluation in nursing education
- Nurse educator role strategies and practicum
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants with GPA lower than 3.0 may be granted conditional admission based on satisfactory GRE scores.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited college, including an undergraduate statistics course with grade C or better.
- Submit proof of licensure in the state where clinical practicum will occur and proof of current BCLS CPR certification before beginning clinical courses.