UT Tyler’s online Master of Science in Nursing focusing on Nursing Administration allows professional nurses to advance their careers in a clinically-based program. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for national certification.
The program teaches skills in budget and financial management, advanced technology usage, personnel management, and education. Courses explore advanced practice in quality assurance, risk management, and quality and safety. Students gain first-hand experience with preceptors in leadership positions in the healthcare industry.
The curriculum includes topics such as:
- Leadership in the healthcare environment
- Nursing administration: delivery of care
- Legal, regulatory, and financial management
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants with GPA lower than 3.0 may be granted conditional admission based on satisfactory GRE scores.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited college, including an undergraduate statistics course with grade C or better.
- Submit proof of licensure in the state where clinical practicum will occur and proof of current BCLS CPR certification before beginning clinical courses.