The online Master of Science in Nursing program from The University of Texas at El Paso offers a specialization in Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Primary Care. Pediatric Nurse Practitioners serve as the primary care provider for children and adolescents. Graduates of this program are eligible to sit for certification through the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PCNB).
Courses focus on health promotion, child development, and conducting developmental and health assessments. Students in this Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program online become skilled in managing the primary healthcare needs of healthy as well as acutely ill and chronically ill youth in a variety of settings.
The program is designed to follow core competencies endorsed by:
- Essentials of Master’s Education in Nursing (AACN)
- Consensus Model for APRN Regulation: Licensure, Accreditation, Certification & Education
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties (NONPF)
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- A 2-day on-campus new student orientation is required.
- During specialty courses, usually the last 3 semesters, students may be asked to come to campus a maximum of three times per semester.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution and hold a valid, unencumbered Registered Nurse license.
- Applicants must have current direct patient care experience and 1-2 years of nursing experience (pediatric preferred).
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Minnesota, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, Wyoming