Doctor of Nursing Practice
The University of Tennessee-Knoxville
The online DNP degree program from The University of Tennessee-Knoxville prepares students to influence health care outcomes for individuals and patient populations by using evidence-based practice, evaluating and implementing health policy, developing new and innovative clinical systems, and becoming leaders in nursing. Students may choose one of the following concentrations to suit their personal interests and professional goals:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Executive
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Acute and Primary)
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The GRE is not required for application to the MSN, DNP or PhD program for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher. However, applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 3.3 must take the GRE.
- Writing sample.
- A MSN degree.
- Official transcripts.
- Registered nurses must be eligible to practice nursing in Tennessee (that is, licensed in Tennessee or one of the interstate compact states).
The University of Tennessee is a public, 4-year, land-grant university headquartered in the city of Knoxville, Tennessee. The school is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the country and was founded in 1794. During the Civil War, the school was considered to be the bastion of Union sympathies and the school suffered major structural damage during the Battle of Fort Sanders. Additional campuses were built and the UT University System was created in 1968. Today, University of Tennessee in Knoxville is the flagship institution of the statewide University of Tennessee system.
The school offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from the following colleges:
- Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Design
- Arts and Sciences
- Business Administration
- Communication and Information
- Health, Education, and Human Sciences
- Social Work
- Veterinary Medicine
- University of Tennessee Space Institute (UTSI)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.