The online DNP degree program from The University of Tennessee-Knoxville prepares students to influence health care outcomes for individuals and patient populations by using evidence-based practice, evaluating and implementing health policy, developing new and innovative clinical systems, and becoming leaders in nursing. Students may choose one of the following concentrations to suit their personal interests and professional goals:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Executive
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Acute and Primary)
- The GRE is not required for application to the MSN, DNP or PhD program for applicants with an undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher. However, applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 3.3 must take the GRE.
- Writing sample.
- A MSN degree.
- Official transcripts.
- Registered nurses must be eligible to practice nursing in Tennessee (that is, licensed in Tennessee or one of the interstate compact states).
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges