Differentiate yourself quickly with an online Graduate Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science from George Washington University (GW). This program will teach you the latest molecular diagnostic techniques through online coursework paired with hands-on clinical practicum. You’ll learn to understand and analyze specimens of the body such as blood, urine, and tissue, to detect, diagnose, and treat disease.
The GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences is the 11th oldest medical school in the country and the first in the nation’s capitol. They are at the forefront of medical education and we continue to grow our highly ranked programs in health and biomedical sciences.
Medical Laboratory Science Certificate Curriculum:
The Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science can be completed in 20 months and, upon completion of the certificate, you can sit for the ASCP Board of Certification Exam (Route 1).
Sample coursework includes:
- Understanding principles of clinical microbiology and laboratory procedures;
- Performing analytical tests of body fluids and cells
- Learning parasitic, fungal, or viral diagnosis procedures
- Establishing preventative maintenance of equipment and instruments
- Demonstrating professional conduct and interpersonal skills with patients and peers
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires a practicum experience.