Earn your MSHS in Correctional Health Administration from the George Washington University (GW) and learn to overcome challenges unique to correctional health administration, from security risks to patients with greater health needs.
The first program of its kind in the nation.
The curriculum, designed by Newton E. Kendig, M.D., former Federal Bureau of Prisons medical director, includes a multi-week field assignment in a correctional setting.
Prepare to lead across correctional institutions in roles like these:
- Health Care Administrator, median salary of $64,419
- Health Services Administrator, median salary $71,685
- Director, Nursing, median salary of $81,961
- Director of Health Services, median salary of $77,102
- Design a health care services plan for incarcerated patient populations that meets diverse needs and is constitutional, evidenced-based and fiscally prudent.
- Develop value-based strategies to mitigate risks and improve clinical outcomes.
- Lead a correctional health care team and engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish scope of services, meet staffing needs, manage a budget and oversee public relations needs.
More Options From GW
Our Graduate Certificate in Correctional Health Administration gives you the knowledge and training required for an entry-level career in this field.
1. All salary data sourced from PayScale. Accessed February 22, 2019, from http://payscale.com.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s)