GW’s Executive Master of Health Administration is for aspiring leaders with at least three years of clinical or administrative experience in the health care or health services industry. With the program’s interactive design, students learn from each other’s experience as much as they learn from faculty. The curriculum focuses on developing the leadership and ethical skills needed to create highly effective health care organizations, as well as core health care content areas such as quality improvement, decision science, quantitative methods and community health.
- [email protected]’s online classes are conducted live with a 12:1 student to faculty ratio, making it the most interactive online Executive MHA program available.
- [email protected]’s online format brings together accomplished health care leaders from across the United States to learn from each other’s diverse experience
- Students participate in Washington, D.C.-based immersions that include simulated leadership and communication scenarios, as well as off-campus immersions at health organizations in the United States and abroad.
- Students conduct capstone research related to their current organization or community, and make a clear commitment to improving health care process and outcomes wherever they are.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Interview, Resume/CV
- Applicants must have at least three years of professional experience in a health care or health services organization, and be currently employed in the field.
- Students participate in two 40-hour immersions and two 20-hour immersions held on the George Washington University campus and at various prestigious health organizations.