The online Post-Master Certificate in Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner is MSN-prepared nurses who want advanced specialization in improving children’s health. The curriculum covers examinations, screenings, treatment of disease, and health maintenance for children of all ages. This online program requires occasional travel to the Lubbock campus for in-person skill labs and hands-on training.
Upon completion of the program and one year of experience, graduates are eligible to sit for the Pediatric Nurse Certification Board (PNCB) and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) exams.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a valid, unencumbered RN license, in addition to at least two years of RN pediatric experience
- Requires completion of an accredited MSN degree
- Requires BLS certification
- Additional certifications and course prerequisites may be required
- Includes occasional on-campus sessions for field experience or immersion work
Arizona, California, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Washington