The online MSN focusing on Forensic Nursing prepares students to care for victims and perpetrators of traumatic events and criminal acts. This specialized nursing track gives students the skills and knowledge necessary to recognize, collect, and document forensic evidence for use in civil or criminal legal cases.
This online nursing degree also includes components of on-campus clinical intensives and practicum experiences in the student’s local area. Students learn skills in advanced health assessment, pathophysiology, and pharmacology along with topics focused on their chosen degree track.
Forensic Nursing courses examine subject areas including:
- Clinical implications and applications of victimology
- Impact of violence across the lifespan
- Forensic investigation of injury
- Human trafficking
- Forensic mental health
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Requires a one-day New Student Conference and two clinical intensives at the Bryan-College Station campus
- Must have completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, including elementary statistics with grade C or better, and have a RN license