SUNY Poly offers the online BS in Health Information Management. HIM is the practice of acquiring, analyzing, and protecting digital and traditional medical information vital to providing quality patient care. HIM professionals are highly trained in the latest information management technology applications and understand the workflow in any healthcare provider organization from large hospital systems to the private physician practice.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Data Management and Analysis for Health Information Management
- Introduction to the Health Information Management Field
- Pathophysiology for Health Information Management
- Inpatient Coding and Classification
- Medical Terminology
Transfer students can also opt to complete the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Health Information Management.
- Degree completion requires 124 semester credits
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT or ACT scores
- One letter of recommendation
Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education