At South University, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner online program is built to prepare you to deliver primary care for individuals and families.
The MSN with a Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner program can equip you to promote positive health behaviors, practice preventive care, and diagnose and manage common health problems at all developmental stages. In addition, your courses will help you strengthen your clinical judgment, critical thinking, communication, and leadership abilities.
Students are required to complete a minimum of 780 hours in the four supervised clinical practicum courses that are designed to provide the opportunity for skill development and practice in the Family Nurse Practitioner role.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (or be a pending graduate) from an accredited U.S. collegiate institution
- A CGPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 or at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours (or 90 quarter credits)
- Completion of a three semester credit hour undergraduate course (or equivalent) in statistics with a grade of C or better
- Completion of an undergraduate nursing research course or equivalent with a grade of C or better
- Submission of official transcripts from every college or university attended
- A valid and unencumbered license as a registered nurse in all US states or territory in which the student is licensed
- Meet the Core Performance Standards and essential function related to the profession of nursing
- Three references
- An essay (goal statement) of 1-2 pages (typed, double-spaced) explaining your career goals, reasons for your choice of specialization, and why you want to pursue an advanced degree in nursing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
South University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South University.