If you want to advance your nursing career and further your BSN education, consider an online Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Nurse Executive from South College. This specialization will allow you to take on leadership roles in within healthcare organizations and facilities. Your coursework will prepare you for roles in:
- Nursing leadership
- Financial management
- Organizational management
- Healthcare informatics
This program is approximately 80% online and 20% clinical practicum. As a long-distance learner, you can seek approval by South College to complete the clinical portion of your MSN at a healthcare facility convenient to you. Also, with the online portion of study, you will have a chance to interact and collaborate with classmates and faculty.
Upon completion of your MSN with a concentration in Nurse Executive, you may be eligible to take certification exams, including: NEA-BC (Nurse Executive Advanced – Board Certified), NE-BC (Nurse Executive – Board Certified), and CENP (Certified Executive Nursing Practice).
This program requires four planned and faculty supervised/evaluated, on campus experiential learning sessions.
- Proof of a current unencumbered Registered Nurse license or in progress of becoming licensed as a Registered Nurse
- Evidence of a cumulative 3.0 grade point average for undergraduate nursing courses
- Admissions Interview
- Evidence of completion of a nursing degree
- BSN-MSN Track: Evidence of completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Accelerated RN-MSN Track: Hold an Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- RN-BSN-MSN Track: Hold an Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges