Advance as a nurse leader, educator, informaticist, or practitioner with Walden’s CCNE-accredited MSN program. One of the largest and most affordable MSN programs available today with a long history of educating nursing professionals, this program is delivered online and taught by doctoral teaching faculty members who are experts, practitioners, and leaders in the field.
Entry Paths (tracks)
- BSN-MSN: For registered nurses entering the program with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- RN-MSN: For registered nurses entering the program with a hospital diploma, associate degree in nursing, or a bachelor’s degree other than a BSN.
- RN-BSN-MSN: For registered nurses who want the opportunity to earn credits toward their MSN while completing their BSN.
- Nursing Education – Learn to provide quality educational experiences that equip nurses to meet the demands of a diverse, ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Nurse Executive – Gain essential skills that will make you an effective leader in decision making, planning, finance, and human resources.
- Nursing Informatics – Enhance patient care by learning to design and implement effective and user-friendly systems that improve accuracy, eliminate redundancy, and reduce costs.
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner – Gain the skills that will allow you to conduct initial assessments and deliver diagnoses and treatment plans for the primary care of adolescents (age 13 and older) through older adults.
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner – Focus on the advanced care of acutely or chronically ill adolescents (age 13 and older) through older adults in settings including emergency rooms and surgical and medical intensive care units.
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner – Learn to assess, diagnose, provide therapy for, and prescribe medication for patients with psychiatric disorders and substance abuse issues.
- Public Health Nursing – Prepare to assume leadership roles in assessing communities and populations; identifying high-risk groups; and developing culturally sensitive, acceptable, and realistic population-based nursing interventions.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Walden University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License
New York, Rhode Island, Washington