Shenandoah University offers an advanced nursing degree, the Doctor of Nursing Practice, for RNs seeking to take their careers to a higher level. This online nurse practitioner degree offers two concentrations:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Regardless of the direction you choose to take this degree, you will gain the advanced knowledge, skills, and experiences needed for a successful career as a leader in nursing.
This nurse practitioner program prepares students for careers as primary care providers in a variety of settings. You will learn how to provide safe, effective, and efficient health care. As an online degree, this program provides students with the flexibility they need to complete the program along with the support they need for faculty to be successful.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Criminal Background Check, Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Requires completion of a CCNE or ACEN accredited MSN degree from an accredited institution
- Must hold an unencumbered RN license, along with at least 2,080 hours of direct patient care
- Occasional on-campus immersion days may be required