About Seton Hall University
Founded in 1856, Seton Hall is one of the country’s leading Catholic universities. Rich in history, Seton Hall is also an institution on the rise. U.S. News ranks us among the top 125 National Universities. Through online programs such as our M.S. in Accounting, we offer an intellectually challenging environment, real-world experiences and the support of a close-knit community that propels great minds. We cultivate leaders who align personal achievement with a deep commitment to civic good.
At Seton Hall University all programs are regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Stillman School of Business is among the top 1 percent of institutions worldwide to receive both business and accounting accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
Online M.S. in Accounting Degree Overview
The online Master of Science in Accounting (M.S.A.C.) from Seton Hall University’s Stillman School of Business does more than prepare students for licensure as a Certified Public Accountant. In this degree program, designed for individuals with an undergraduate degree in business, students build the foundation for an accounting career, prepare for the CPA exam and develop the networks required for success.
- Duration: 18 months
- Flexible, online format
- Qualify to sit for the CPA exam in NY, NJ and most other states
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Career-focused, program outcomes
Why Choose Seton Hall’s M.S.A.C. Program?
- CPA Preparation: This program fulfills the educational requirements that undergraduate business graduates need to sit for the CPA exam in New York and New Jersey. Students can check the educational requirements for other states at www.nasba.org.
- Personal attention: Receive one-to-one guidance that helps you go beyond CPA credentialing to focus on your future in accounting and realize career success.
- Customization: Tailor your learning to a specific area of interest through your choice of elective offerings in financial accounting, taxation or ERP systems.
- Distinguished faculty: Learn from faculty who are in demand as consultants and lecturers and who have strong relationships with large public accounting firms, regional accounting firms and major corporations.
- Connections: Through networking opportunities, you will be afforded the ability to connect with alumni employed at prestigious firms such as Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PwC and Prudential.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of business and financial operations occupations is expected to grow 8 percent from 2014 to 2024. Jobs for accountants and auditors are also expected to increase by 11 percent. The M.S.A.C degree prepares students for financially rewarding roles in these areas that include job titles such as auditor, budget analyst, controller, director of operations, financial analyst, forensic accountant, personal financial advisor and VP of operations.
Seton Hall has a six-month post-graduation employment rate of 90 percent, a number significantly higher than the national average. Graduates of Seton Hall’s M.S.A.C program are actively recruited by the Big Four and other prominent public and private accounting firms, and our alumni are employed at prestigious organizations that include EY, KPMG, Johnson & Johnson, Deloitte, Prudential and New York Life.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
AACSB International (AACSB)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Seton Hall University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGMAT, GRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Statement of Purpose/Intent, Resume/CV, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Official College Transcript(s)
- Qualified applicants may apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver.