Through the Counselor Education and Supervision PhD online, students can gain advanced skill sets vital for teaching, clinical supervision, leadership and advocacy. This program creates multiple pathways for professionals who want to further their careers. Work one-on-one counseling individuals, target family needs or bring about change within an entire community. Devote time in research or serve in higher education teaching others.
Typical topics of study include:
- Leadership, advocacy and ethics
- Instructional theory and practice
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodology
- Community leadership and engagement
You will round out your degree with advanced practicum and internship experiences followed with a comprehensive exam and dissertation.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- At the beginning of each fall and spring semester faculty and students meet on campus for intensive face-to-face learning at 5 day Residential Conferences.