Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Samuel Merritt University helps students develop the clinical knowledge and practical skills they need to gain licensure as Family Nurse Practitioners. Coursework prepares students to:
- Work with patients to develop thorough, accurate medical histories
- Perform examinations and diagnostic tests, including interpretation of results
- Establish and implement care plans based on patient needs and monitor ongoing effectiveness
- Promote healthy living habits and provide advice about preventive care
- Make referrals and consult with other practitioners
- Produce graduate-level research for peer review
- Lead within the profession and act as advocates for patients
Graduates may seek employment in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, community health organizations, schools, hospice care, nursing homes, and private practice.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,353.00
Out of State Rate:$1,353.00
Additional Fees :$160.00
Fees Overview :
- Graduate Fee (one-time): $160
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$66,457.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$66,457.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Must be a licensed, currently practicing Registered Nurse with a baccalaureate degree in nursing. Nurses who hold a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in working with underserved populations;
- Have successfully completed at least one course in statistics;
- Can provide two letters of reference.
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Our online program is approved for nurses seeking to practice in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, Ohio & Virginia
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.