At Sam Houston State University, computer science and criminal justice blend together to form the online Master of Science degree in Digital Forensics. This program will prepare you to manage and develop secure information systems related to forensic data. Your master’s work will focus on the life of digital evidence – from collection to preservation, sometimes utilizing the department’s dedicated, state-of-the-art forensic center.
The Master of Science in Digital Forensics at SHSU requires a knowledge foundation gained through a relevant undergraduate degree and/or technical or on-the-job experience. You may be required by the master’s program to take additional core classes to broaden your knowledge base.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher OR 2.8 in last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Official transcripts of all college-level coursework
- Other supplemental materials as required by program
- Graduation requirements: 36 credits
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges