Salus University is located in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and specializes in degree programs for health care professions. The university's name in fact means “health and well-being” in Latin. In 1919, the college was founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry and is the oldest college of optometry in North America. Throughout the years, the college added more departments and was granted university status in 2008.
The university is divided among five different departments:
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry
- College of Education and Rehabilitation
- Osborne College of Audiology
- College of Health Sciences
- Office of Graduate Programs in Biomedicine