Saint Joseph’s University offers an Instructional Technology Specialist Certification which will assist you in understanding technology in the classroom. Prepare yourself to take on this imperative and growing role in the K-12 school environment.
Taught by expert faculty, the goal is to prepare top-quality educators who are capable of serving in instructional design and technology leadership roles in a school, a school district, or a regional educational setting.
With Saint Joseph's flexible online format you will gain expertise in the following:
- Advanced understanding of the role of technology in the classroom
- The tech savvy required to comfortably integrate technology into lectures and coursework and teach technology skills to students
- Expertise in instructional systems design
- Familiarity with learning assistance technology and its role in teaching special needs and English language learners
- Background in education research and instructional design research
- Experience with how to write a research proposal
- Knowledge of how to design a curriculum to include interactive technologies and social media platforms
- Grounding in theories of learning and strategies for creating technological solutions for current problems in education
- Familiarity with interactive software and multimedia production
- Practical experience obtained through an instructional design internship
An online instructional design and technology master’s program is also available and may be earned alone or in conjunction with the Instructional Technology Specialist Certification.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s)
- This program requires an internship experience.