Advance your career and take on leadership positions while still meeting personal and professional obligations with the Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice. Graduates of this online nurse practitioner degree are prepared to transform practices, lead and engage in practical and clinically focused scholarship, and perform research. This is a clinical doctorate that seeks to improve health outcomes while solving systemic problems as you train for advanced clinical and leadership roles. Along the way you will study:
- Interrelationships between policy, advocacy, and ethics
- Key processes in optimal patient safety
- Disease rates and vital statistics communication
Students will become experts in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating healthcare delivery systems and will be prepared to lead at the highest clinical and executive ranks.
With this online nurse practitioner degree students discover extreme flexibility. The online courses allow you to study when and where it is convenient for you while you also benefit from the same opportunities as on-campus students, including an accomplished faculty and one-on-one support. Furthermore, students can take this degree in whichever direction they desire, from positions such as Certified Nurse Midwife and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist that allow them to work directly with patients to roles that involve management-related challenges at a higher level.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.2 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have current advanced practice nursing licensure & certification documents as well as proof of individual & professional liability insurance.
- This program requires attendance at an on-campus orientation and one required residency over the duration of the program.
Connecticut, New York