While grounded in the liberal arts, the MSW curriculum at SHU aligns itself to the tenants of social-work and the Catholic Intellectual Tradition of academic excellence. The principles of service to others, respect for human dignity, dedication to scientific inquiry and social and economic justice are reinforced in coursework throughout the program.
- Students who qualify for Advanced Standing can complete the program is just one year.
- Concentrations include a Direct Community Practice or Direct Clinical Practice, integrating components of both in each specialization.
- Students will be required to complete 1,100 hours of field practice in order to graduate–after which they may sit for their Licensed Master of Social Work exam.
Upon completion of this degree, you’ll be well prepared to address the needs of vulnerable and diverse populations in a variety of careers.
Community Practice Social Worker Careers
- Social Work Educator
- Program Administrator
- Social Work Researcher
- Community Advocate
- Community Organizer
Clinical Practice Social Worker Careers
- Clinical Social Worker For At-Risk Families
- Trauma Counselor
- School Social Worker
- Play Therapist
- Healthcare Social Worker
- Bachelor's degree
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- College transcripts
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education