The online Master of Science in Clinical Laboratory Sciences program is designed for certified medical laboratory professionals seeking to advance their knowledge and skills, and develop new proficiencies needed to meet the challenges of the healthcare system. The curriculum prepares students for managerial and leadership roles in clinical laboratory services and the healthcare industry by expanding skills in advanced clinical laboratory science, management, leadership, strategic planning, finance, quality assurance and improvement, informatics, health professions education, and research. Graduates will be able to evaluate and interpret lab results, integrate data, problem solve, and monitor test quality to provide accurate laboratory test information that is essential for patient diagnosis and treatment; and will also promote quality clinical laboratory services that are safe, effective, equitable, timely, and patient-centered.
- Professional certification as a medical laboratory professional: MLS(ASCP) or MLT(ASCP) with BS degree
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, preferably in CLS or a related science field
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.0
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 for science courses
- Official transcripts
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Personal essay
- Proficiency in written communication to successfully complete frequent writing assignments, exams, and papers required in online courses
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisor, lab manager, pathologist and/or college professor who have the knowledge to evaluate the applicant’s academic and professional performance.
- Personal interview (via conference call)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education