Rochester Institute of Technology offers the online MS in Health Care Interpretation. This program is designed to meet the demands of nationally certified sign language interpreters desiring a master’s degree specific to working in health care environments. The National Technical Institute for the Deaf's Department of American Sign Language and Interpreting Education administers the program. This program prepares interpreters to work in leadership/administrative roles in the health care interpreting field.
Potential career opportunities:
- Designated Interpreter for Deaf Health Care Professionals
- Manager/Administrator of Interpreter Services
- Video Remote Interpreter
- Health Care Interpreter
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent, Additional Materials May Be Requested
- Students must attend a one-week on-campus residency.
- ASL interpretation sample (audio/video file or text translation will be provided)
- Audiogram (Deaf and hard-of-hearing applicants)