Earn an online PhD in Renewal Theology with a concentration in Biblical Studies from Regent University. With this terminal degree, you can hone your knowledge in hermeneutics, theology and biblical studies. Doctoral candidates are required to research and publish a paper on an approved topic of interest and attend a 2-week on-campus residency. The intent of this paper is to contribute to the Renewal movement within the church and its scholars. The Biblical Studies concentration may include courses such as:
- Renewal methods in biblical studies
- Hebrew scriptures: research topics
- Gospels & Acts: research topics
- Apocalyptic literature: research topics
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Regent University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Essay/Writing Sample, Statement of Purpose/Intent, Additional Materials May Be Requested
- The program requires a two-week on-campus residency component each semester.
- Applicants must have a M.Div. degree or masters-level equivalent (e.g., M.A., MRE, MACE) with a minimum of 72 credit hours from an ATS-accredited, graduate institution, or a first-graduate theological degree providing equivalent theological background.