Create consistent, strategic, and effective messaging on international, national and local levels that involves key stakeholders from the organization. The degree is housed within the esteemed Brian Lamb School of Communication. You can complete the degree in just 10 courses in under 20 months.
In the Strategic Communication/Public Relations concentration you’ll use a new global perspective to master crisis communications in the 21st Century and learn how to build an integrated strategy that properly identifies, then involves, all key stakeholders.
The concentration consists of 3 courses, 9 credits that build critical skills in public relations and prepare you to take on advanced management roles and become the communication authority for your organization.
By the end of the program you understand specifically how to:
- Use your understanding of the key issues in managing organizational relationships with stakeholders to gain buy-in and create messaging faster and more effectively
- Develop plans tailored to the unique needs of specific publics so they are readily heard and acted upon
- Create responses to organizational crises in an ethical way
- Understand and overcome global challenges associated with strategic communication initiatives
- A telephone interview with an Admissions Advisor
- An updated resume
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- A 500 word minimum personal statement
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission