Purdue University Northwest’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree builds upon master’s level coursework to focus on translation science. Graduates of this program are well equipped to lead transformative healthcare by becoming experts in their field of study.
Coursework examines the search, appraisal, synthesis, transfer, and application of evidence. Nurses gain expertise in evaluating outcomes of healthcare services. This online nurse practitioner degree prepares students to design effective nursing interventions and initiate positive change.
Classes cover topics such as:
- Informatics in nursing
- Health policy local to global
- Healthcare organization, policy, and economics
- Applied biostatistics for outcome evaluation
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- Restricted to applicants in Indiana, Illinois, or Wisconsin, or Purdue University Northwest alumni
- A master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program and a current RN license are required for admission.
- Master's coursework should be completed with grade B or better. Applicants not meeting this guideline may be considered for conditional admission.
- Applicants must submit proof of successful completion of an introductory statistics course in the last five years.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Idaho, Iowa, International, New Jersey, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, US Territories, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania