The Master of Science in Education curriculum is designed for P-12 teachers in which you will have the power to influence, motivate, and empower future generations. Through sustained learning, job-embedded activities, collegial discussions, and engaging follow-up, you will acquire knowledge and practical teaching skills that can have a positive impact on student achievement.
The program is an advanced teacher preparation program created for trained teachers—with a consistent group of learners —who want to improve their teaching skills, increase their professional marketability, and pursue career advancement in areas such as teacher leadership, professional development, or mentoring.
The Teaching Literacy and Language concentration focuses on developing curricula at the elementary and secondary levels in accordance with the National Council of Teachers of English standards. Develop skills for teaching basic reading and writing skills to elementary, middle, and high school students. Explore ways to help students overcome comprehension difficulties and how to develop courses for students with special learning challenges.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)
- The Master of Science in Education does not lead to initial teacher certification or teaching endorsements.
- Applicants must submit one of the following items:
- A copy of your prekindergarten through 12th grade teaching license (current or expired)
- A copy of your teaching contract showing evidence of employment as a prekindergarten through 12th grade Teacher of Record/Classroom Teacher
- On school letterhead, a letter from the principal at the school of your employ that clearly designates you as the Teacher of Record/Classroom Teacher