Build the expertise to advance your career, while preparing for relevant industry credentials. Choose from five concentrations, including applied behavior analysis, addictions, and more, and prepare to sit for certification examinations.* Complete your courses online, on your schedule.
- NAADAC Approved and NASAC Accredited: The addictions concentration fulfills the coursework requirements to take the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals Master Addictions Counselor (MAC) examination.†
- ABAI-Verified: The Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) has verified the course sequence of the applied behavior analysis concentration toward the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst® examination.‡
- Career Opportunities: Board Certified Behavior Analyst case manager, addictions specialist, mental health technician, social and community services specialist/manager, behavior assistant
- Practicum: Some concentrations include a practicum through which you can gain hands-on experience in the field.§
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Forensic Psychology
- General Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. The professional practice of psychology is regulated by each state, and the degree requirements of this program do not guarantee or prepare students for licensure in any state upon graduation. It is important to note that, while earning a master’s degree in psychology may qualify students to work in the helping professions, a doctorate degree is required to become a psychologist and a medical degree is required to become a psychiatrist.
* Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† The Master of Science in Psychology with a concentration in addictions is accredited by the National Addiction Studies Accreditation Commission (NASAC, NASACAccreditation.org). Purdue Global is a NAADAC Approved Education Provider. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. Additional requirements must also be completed to take the MAC examination, including field experience and licensure requirements. Refer to www.NAADAC.org for full eligibility requirements.
‡ The program meets certification requirements for the BCBA® examination in specific states. Refer to Licensure.PurdueGlobal.edu for additional information on licensure and state authorizations. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. Applicants will need to meet additional requirements before they can be deemed eligible to take the examination. Refer to the BACB’s website (www.BACB.com) for full eligibility requirements.
§ Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- This program requires a practicum or field placement rotation.
International, Puerto Rico