Prepare to take on managerial and leadership roles helping individuals lead healthier lives through public and community health education. Complete your courses online, on your schedule.
- Program Highlights: Study community health assessment, health care statistics, epidemiology, environmental health, human resources, health behavior, and public health program development, education, communication, leadership, and administration.
- Certifications: Prepare for the Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) and Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification exams.*
- Career Opportunities: Medical and health services manager, community and social service manager, health educator, corporate health consultant or director, onsite well-being coordinator, wellness coach or specialist
- NCHEC-Aligned: Study a curriculum aligned to industry-standard competencies published by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC) for Certified Health Education.
- Fieldwork Experience: Complete onsite components to build practical experience, gain real-world training, and strengthen your resume.†
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions.
* Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)