Prepare to provide primary care to individuals of all ages and to improve the availability of culturally relevant, evidence-based health services in diverse communities. Complete your courses online, on your schedule.
- Program Highlights: Study advanced physiology, pathophysiology, health assessment, diagnostic reasoning, pharmacology, and pharmacotherapeutics; and primary care of children, adolescents, adults, and women’s health.
- Certifications: Prepare for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners’ (AANP) Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner certification exams.
- CCNE Accredited: The postgraduate APRN certificate programs at Purdue University Global are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.CCNEAccreditation.org).
- Practice Experiences: Complete a clinical practice experience where you can apply what you learn in a real-world setting.*
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Prior experience may be necessary for leadership positions. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
Graduates who pass the relevant certification exam may be academically eligible for licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse in any state in which the program is available for enrollment. Licensure-track programs may limit enrollment to students in certain states; please refer to Licensure.PurdueGlobal.edu for additional information on licensure, state authorizations, and program availability. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams.
Please note that most states require nurses to be nationally certified and to have completed an accredited graduate nursing program in order to obtain licensure as an advanced practice registered nurse. Each national certification provider and state Board of Nursing will have eligibility requirements in addition to these educational requirements, such as passing a criminal background check. Students are responsible for determining whether they are eligible for state Board of Nursing approval and certification as an advanced practice registered nurse in their state. Students can obtain additional information from their state's Board of Nursing, the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
* Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA2.5 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Criminal Background Check
Hawaii, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, US Territories