Medical billing and coding is an administrative support specialty that is expected to increase in need as patient records are being increasingly scrutinized by health insurance companies, regulators, courts, and consumers.
The Medical Billing and Coding Certificate program can provide you with the knowledge and technical skills required by employers in health care services. Coursework provides instruction in topics such as:
- Anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology
- Data information processing
- Medical billing, coding, and terminology
- Insurance billing
- Medical terminology and medical office management
Prior to graduation, you will gain hands-on practical experience in medical billing, coding, and administrative functions through a 40-hour practicum experience.
- Evidence of high school graduation or equivalent
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission