Develop the professional and administrative skills to pursue leadership positions in the health care field. Gain an understanding of the importance of dietary choices to help others lead healthier lifestyles. Complete your degree 100% online, on your schedule.
- Program Highlights: Study food safety, microbiology, nutritional counseling, food science, nutrition planning and management, nutritional analysis and assessment, and nutrition for individuals at all stages of life.
- Certifications: Prepare for industry-recognized certifications and credentials such as Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition, Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN), and Certified Dietary Manager (CDM).*
- Career Opportunities: Certified dietary manager, health coach nutrition educator, nutrition counselor, food services director, food production manager
- NANP Approved Education Program: This program is an approved holistic nutrition education program through the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP).
- Electives: Choose from a wide range of electives to develop specialized knowledge aligned to your career goals.
- Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global health sciences degree.†
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. The Bachelor of Science in Nutrition is designed to prepare graduates academically to pursue a variety of nutrition-oriented careers and advanced education. However, the program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements for licensure or certification, is not accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), and does not qualify an individual to sit for the examination to become a Registered Dietitian (RD). In addition, some states will not permit individuals to become licensed in nutrition and/or dietetics if they do not possess the RD credential. Refer to Licensure.PurdueGlobal.edu for additional information on licensure and state authorizations.
* Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming