Gain the skills to help people overcome challenges by assessing client needs, identifying resources, and advocating for children and families. Study 100% online and fulfill the requirements to sit for the Human Services—Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP™) exam.*
- Program Highlights: Study a mix of human services topics, including administrative skills and child and family welfare, and criminal justice topics, such as juvenile justice and domestic violence.
- Certification: This program fulfills the educational requirements to sit for the Human Services—Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP™) exam offered by the Center for Credentialing & Education.*
- Member of CSHSE: The program adheres to the curriculum standards of the Council for Standards in Human Services Education.†
- Career Opportunities: Advance in areas such as child welfare/child protection, adoption services, community outreach and services, case work, social services, or family support.
- Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global master’s degree.‡
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. This program was not designed to lead to certification or licensure as a social worker or counselor in any specific state, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Students must meet post-degree experience requirements in order to earn the HS-BCP credential. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams.
† The program adheres to the curriculum standards of the CSHSE, but is not accredited by this agency.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming