Prepare for diverse opportunities in a wide variety of settings through a curriculum that blends IT, health care, management, and finance. Complete your courses online, on your schedule.
- Program Highlights: Study the automation of health information, legal aspects of HIM, medical coding, pharmacology, reimbursement methodologies, strategic planning and organizational development, human disease, quality assurance, statistics, human resources, research methods, epidemiology, biostatistics, and more HIM-related topics.
- Career Opportunities: Compliance/quality officer, medical records and health information technician, medical and health services manager, medical biller, patient information coordinator, billing coder/coding specialist
- Externship: Complete a 120-hour professional practice experience to gain real-world experience and build your resume.*
- Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global health sciences degree.†
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Additional certification or licensing may be required to work in certain fields.
* Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
† The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- This program requires 120 hours of professional practice experience at an approved health care facility.