Gain the skills to advance into leadership positions, and prepare to manage various aspects of emergency response agencies. Complete your degree 100% online. Purdue Global is recognized as an official Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) institution.
- Program Highlights: Study fire prevention practices and management; ethical, legal, and political aspects of emergency services; preparedness, planning, recovery, and response; crisis management in terrorist attacks and disasters; community risk reduction; and more.
- Career Opportunities: Fire department chief/manager, emergency management program manager/director, municipal firefighting and prevention supervisor, emergency management planner, fire inspector/investigator, risk management professional
- FESHE Curriculum: As a Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) recognized institution, the curriculum closely follows the FESHE model.
- IFSAC Accredited: The program is accredited by International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC).
- Fire Academy/Fire Service Association Partnerships: Earn credit for previously completed courses, professional learning, and certifications.* In addition, IAFF members, employees, and immediate family members are eligible for a tuition reduction.†
- Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global public administration, legal studies, human services, educational psychology, or psychology master’s degree.‡
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Additional academy training or education may be required for firefighting or emergency management jobs.
* Purdue Global does not guarantee transferability of credit from any of these sources. See the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
† Eligible family members include spouses, domestic partners, parents, siblings, and children. Must be a member of an organization with which Purdue University Global has an educational relationship. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details. May not be combined with other Purdue Global tuition reductions or ExcelTrack™ pricing.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score, Criminal Background Check
Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming