Build a strong foundation in educational and teaching practices for children age 8 and under, along with the business, management, and administrative skills to advance into leadership or ownership roles. Complete your courses 100% online, on your schedule.
- Program Highlights: Study early childhood education; curriculum planning; observation and assessment; child safety, nutrition, and health; psychology; organizational communication; the role of family and community, and more.
- CDA Credential: The program meets the education training requirements for the Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™.*
- Career Opportunities: Childcare center director or worker, preschool teacher (excluding special education), program coordinator, early childhood consultant, preschool director, Head Start director or teacher
- Fieldwork Component: Gain hands-on experience by completing project-based learning assignments in an early childhood setting such as a preschool, home childcare setting, or childcare center.†
Program is not available in all states. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details. Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. This program will not certify graduates to become licensed teachers, is not intended for individuals who are pursuing a license to teach early childhood education in a public or accredited private elementary school, is not represented as meeting specific state Board of Education criteria for assisting with children and teachers in a public school setting, and was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements for licensure or certification. Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Students are responsible for understanding the requirements of optional certification exams. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams. In some cases, work experience, additional coursework beyond the Purdue Global program, fieldwork, and/or background checks may be necessary to be eligible to take or to successfully pass the exams.
† Some Purdue University Global programs are not 100% online; some programs require you to gain hands-on experience in a real-world work environment. Contact an Admissions Advisor for additional information.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming