Advance your career in law enforcement, homeland security, and other public safety fields. Specialize in one of six concentrations. Complete your degree 100% online at one of the largest providers of public safety programs in the U.S.*
- Program Highlights: Study criminology, criminal investigation, crime prevention, forensic psychology, criminal procedure, and management, ethics, law, technology, and research specific to the criminal justice field.
- Career Opportunities: First-line supervisor of police officers and detectives, first-line supervisor of correctional officers, police and sheriff’s patrol officer, probation officer, transit and railroad police officer
- Credit for Experience: Earn credits for prior college, work, or military experience.†
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Forensic Psychology
- Homeland Security
- Juvenile Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Socially Responsible Leadership
- Electives: Customize your degree by choosing from electives in areas such as public administration, legal studies, and information technology.
- Accelerated Master’s Degree Option: Complete graduate courses as part of the program to get a head start on a future Purdue Global legal studies, human services, public administration, educational psychology, or psychology master’s degree.‡
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Local, state, and federal law enforcement jobs may require additional training or education including additional state-approved higher education beyond the Purdue Global degree. This program was not designed to meet any specific state’s requirements, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), 2018-2019 Total Degrees and Certificates Conferred, First Major, Criminology; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services; nces.ed.gov/IPEDS. Based on total number of degrees and certificates granted by Purdue Global compared to other Title IV institutions.
† Purdue Global does not guarantee transferability of credit from any of these sources. See the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about admissions requirements and transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score, Criminal Background Check
Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming