Advance your fire service career. Learn the latest practices in areas ranging from fire prevention to arson investigation, and more. Complete your degree 100% online. Purdue Global is recognized as an official Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) institution.
- Program Highlights: Study topics such as fire behavior and combustion, building construction, hydraulics, water supply, fire protections systems, strategy and tactics, occupational safety, and legal aspects of emergency services.
- Career Opportunities: First-line supervisor, fire investigator or inspector, firefighter, fire protection sales agent
- FESHE Curriculum: As a Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) recognized institution, the curriculum closely follows the FESHE model.
- IFSAC Accredited: The program is accredited by International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC).
- Fire Academy/Fire Service Associations Partnerships: Earn credit for previously completed courses, professional learning, and certifications.* In addition, IAFF members, employees, and immediate family members are eligible for a tuition reduction.†
- Bachelor’s Degree Foundation: You can transfer your associate’s degree into a future Purdue Global bachelor’s degree in fire science to cover half of the requirements.‡
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. Additional academy training or education may be required for firefighting or emergency management jobs.
* Purdue Global does not guarantee transferability of credit from any of these sources. See the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
† Eligible family members include spouses, domestic partners, parents, siblings, and children. Must be a member of an organization with which Purdue University Global has an educational relationship. Contact an Admissions Advisor for details. May not be combined with other Purdue Global tuition reductions or ExcelTrack™ pricing.
‡ The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Criminal Background Check, Official High School Transcript/GED Score