Explore the policies that drive day-to-day operations of human service agencies. Understand the importance of culture, gender, diversity, and global perspectives in the delivery of human services.
- Program Highlights: Learn the best methods to identify, plan, and implement interventions involving client needs and delivery systems.
- Certifications: Coursework fulfills the educational requirements to sit for the Human Services—Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP™) exam offered by the Center for Credentialing & Education.
- Member of CSHSE: The program adheres to the curriculum standards of the Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE).
- Career Opportunities: As a graduate, you can pursue a career as a social and human service assistant, adult services worker, or family support worker.
- Bachelor’s Degree Foundation: Apply your associate’s degree credits toward an online bachelor’s in human services degree at Purdue Global.†
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.This program was not designed to lead to certification or licensure as a social worker or counselor in any specific state, and Purdue Global makes no representations or warranties as to whether the degree or any individual courses meet such requirements. Refer to the University Catalog for additional information.
* The coursework in this program fulfills the academic requirements to sit for the exam to become a Human Services—Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP™). Please note that you must meet post-degree experience requirements in order to earn the HS-BCP credential. The University cannot guarantee students will be eligible to sit for or pass exams.
† The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Indiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming