Gain the introductory knowledge and skills to work with young children (birth through age 8) and families in early childhood settings, or further your current career in the early childhood development field. Focus on growth and development, teaching in inclusive settings, health and nutrition needs, and activity implementation.
- Program Highlights: Learn to use observational and assessment techniques to create an effective classroom environment.
- Focus on Diversity: Understand the roles individuality and culture play in the learning and development of young children.
- Career Opportunities: As a graduate, you can pursue a career as a preschool assistant teacher, preschool teacher (except special education), or child care program specialist.
- Bachelor’s Degree Foundation: Apply your associate’s degree credits toward Purdue Global’s online Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Administration.*
Purdue Global cannot guarantee employment or career advancement. This program is not intended for individuals who are pursuing a license to teach early childhood education in a public or accredited private elementary school and is not represented as meeting specific state Board of Education criteria for assisting with children and teachers in a public school setting. This program will not certify graduates to become licensed teachers.
* The University cannot guarantee that students will be granted admission to any future programs. Speak to an Advisor about transfer credit opportunities and see the University Catalog for the Prior Learning Assessment policy
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Purdue University Global is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLCommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Utah, Wyoming