Take the next step in pursuing your professional counseling license with a Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling from Post University. This online graduate Counseling program gives students the skills and knowledge to help their clients make positive and productive changes in their lives.
The curriculum covers the basic stages of the counseling process, from initial interview through termination and referral. Concentrations are available in Clinical Counseling within Organizational Settings or Alcohol and Drug Counseling. Students will learn how the models of counseling apply to various populations and problems.
Core class topics include the following:
- Professional and ethical orientation to counseling
- Career counseling, appraisal, and development
- Multicultural issues in human services
- Testing and appraisal of individuals and groups in human services
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Post University is accredited by:
New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA will be required to submit additional documentation.
California, Colorado, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Pennsylvania