Portland State University is a public state university located in Portland, Oregon. Established in 1946, PSU began as the Vanport Extension Center as a way to meet the needs of higher education for those returning from World War II. Over the years, with its constantly expanding degree programs, PSU is the largest and fastest growing school in the Oregon University System.
PSU offers students several degree levels, including bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral, from the following schools and colleges:
- College of the Arts
- Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- College of Urban and Public Affairs
- School of Business Administration
- Graduate School of Education
- School of Public Health
- School of Social Work
- University Honors College
Many of the certificates and degrees at the bachelor's and the master's level are available completely online.
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities